Thursday, December 29, 2011

Dukan Update

Ryan and I are 7 days into the Dukan Diet and so far this is what we've noticed:

Stinky breath, increased thirst, a little fatigue and... WEIGHT LOSS! Ketosis (the symptoms I described) is a good thing, it means the diet is working.

I have lost almost 5 lbs in the first week and Ryan is just about the same. Our pants are fitting better and we've got the inspiration to keep it up!

I am pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to cut out bread/sugar/junk for a whole week (minus the Christmas Day food/dinner).

This next week will be our first of lean protein plus protein rich vegetables (Asparagus, broccoli, cucumbers, celery, mushrooms and a few others). I can't wait to eat vegetables again. Nom nom!

3 comments:

  1. mmmm Oat Bran... been following the blog for a while with my RSS reader. Good luck on your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chaz :)
    Oat Bran isn't so bad! Not any different than eating Oatmeal, in my opinion.

    I tried to Google RSS reader, boring! What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a good video explanation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0klgLsSxGsU

    I use it to follow a lot of blogs, news websites, freecycle, craigslist searches, Ebay searches and all kinds if things with Google Reader on the computer and with a phone ap that syncs to Reader.

    ReplyDelete