Monday, December 19, 2011

Not the only one!

A friend posted on Facebook the other day about how emotional she had been lately.
The everyday beauty in the world, or the sadness in a child's eyes, or even the sweet lyric in a pop love song was sending her into tears... I thought I was the only one who had days like this??

I suppose I've heard from family and friends that I sometimes have a flare for the dramatic - as if! - so I'm glad someone else can relate.
I often find myself misty-eyed just because I daydream of a sweet moment, or have let my mind wander to the future and get swept up in an awesome fantasy about what the world has to offer. I'll find myself with tear filled eyes, lip trembling, heart moved. Oy!

Yesterday was one of those days.

I was at work (on a weekend? Yes. Le Suck!) and had just finished a craft project (Christmas gift for Heather!) that I had put a lot of time and energy into, so I was already feeling a tad sentimental and weepy when my sister sent me a text. She had come across this poem earlier in the day and knew she just had to share it with me (I love how well she knows me).

I Love You

I am your parent, you are my child
I am your quiet place, you are my wild

I am your calm face, you are my giggle
I am your want, you are my wiggle

I am your dinner, you are my chocolate cake
I am your bedtime, you are my wide awake

I am your lullaby, you are my peekaboo
I am your goodnight kiss, you are my I LOVE YOU

- Anonymous

I shed a few tears each time I read this. I hope those of you that have children enjoy it as much as I do. 

I have an intense love for my child, and although times as a parent are more often than not extremely difficult for me (I'm debating divulging more personal details about my life/child on this blog) I love my son and being a mom more than anything in the world. I wouldn't trade for anything!

If you are a parent, and you are not tearing up after reading that poem... you suck the big one. Plain and simple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment