Friday, April 27, 2012

We love you Miss Hannigan!

Today marks the two year anniversary of my Nana's death.

Today I was preoccupied with daily duties, a sick child and lots of chores/housework so I didn't really let myself feel my grief. I block a lot of feelings about my Nana passing, because if I didn't I would be an emotional wreck. Unhealthy I know, but it's how I get by.

My Nana was a truly inspiring woman. Strong, stubborn, creative, smart, loving, successful - the list could go on and on.

Some of my earliest memories involve my Nana and time spent at her house.
Around age 4 she taught me how to snap my fingers, blow bubble-gum bubbles, shop, model outfits and of most importance to me - SING!
A particular memory I have is singing the "Annie" soundtrack in their lower living room (where they entertained), loud enough to fill the whole house. Over. And over. And over.

Tonight, in honor of her I am watching Annie. I haven't seen this movie, nor have I heard the soundtrack in probably 15 years. I am amazed that I can recall all the lyrics effortlessly :)

I love and miss you Nana,

Your Songbird


No comments:

Post a Comment