Thursday, September 22, 2011

Blogger

Let me start this entry by stating my love for online journaling.
I cannot journal on paper, I have tried through the years (all of the partially filled journals on my bookshelf are proof of that). I really do love posting in an online journal though.
I have been using LiveJournal since the age of 15.
Looking back, I realize that for over 10 years I have been sharing my deepest, darkest, most private thoughts and day-to-day experiences on the internet (yikes!). Something about pushing the "private" button when I post makes me feel safe, although I understand now that I truly have no control over who sees my entries, I am still convinced that internet journaling is a great outlet for me.
My Nana would be rolling in her grave to see this, I'm sure. She was the old-timer who would still call in an order to a catalog, paying by check VS placing an order online (too many weirdos out there who will steal her card number and bankrupt her, ya know?). *I promise Nana, nothing bad will happen to me for posting my opinion on the internet*

Recently my attention and interest has shifted from LJ to blogging. When I say "recently", what I really mean is "for a few years", even more recently I have become somewhat of a blog addict.
I read blogs all the time. Like, ALL the time.
Friends, acquaintances, professionals, cooking/baking, crafts, parenting... you name it. I've seen/read it.

I am a wannabe blogger. That's for sure.
I have fantasized about writing a blog for months now (about what? I haven't figured that out yet... that could be my problem.).

My goal (as of right now) is to take inspiration from all my favorite blogs and do a mish-mash of their styles... until I find my own.

Time to make this a reality, today is the first step towards my personal blogging experience!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I have yet to find my style too. But I love blogging. It's therapy on the internets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever your blogging style may be, I like it! You need some new posts woman!

    ReplyDelete