Sunday, September 25, 2011

Love List #1

On most of the blogs I follow (remember the post in which I admitted to being a blog whora? here) the writers have a post dedicate to things they love.
Music. Food. Gadgets. People. Movies. Places... you get the idea.


I too will have a post like that (which will most likely be weekly).
First on my Love List is...

If you have not heard Adele (she has two albums, titled 19, and 21.) I suggest you do that, now like yesterday! 
I heard about Adele last year, especially when her song "Rolling in the deep" was pretty popular. At the time I didn't want to listen to her music just because she had a popular song, also, I'm not a big fan of jazzy type music. Well. Let me just tell you that I have been missing out on an amazing artist.
I wish I could take back all that time I wasted NOT listening to her music.
Her voice is strong, velvety, soulful and listening to it has made me shed a tear more than once. 

My favorites are (this was hard to choose, they're all SO good!): 
Set Fire to the Rain, One and only, Turning Tables, Rumour Has it, and Cold Shoulder. 

Go listen. Now!

Apple slicer/corer

No, you're not seeing things. I really did just post a photo of an apple slicer/corer. 
I am completely in LOVE with discovering this nifty little kitchen gadget (and yes, I seriously have never used one of these before this last weekend!). 
I was helping at a friend's baby shower and was assigned the task of slicing apples/pear apples. Uggh, right? Who wants to slice a dozen apples. Not me. 
My best friend handed me a slicer/corer and I went to town. Loved it! So easy, so mess free, so efficient!
If you eat apples and do not have one in your kitchen, please do yourself a favor and pick this up at the store (mine was $4.00).
Can't wait to get slicin'!

The pic says it all...

My Nana (RIP) used to have these delicious little candies in a drawer in the kitchen. She was always well stocked for when we (my 3 siblings and I) came over every Sunday. 
I saw a bag of these in the toy section (gotta love the random candy placement in the middle of the toy section... as if aisle upon aisle of over priced toys isn't enough of a hassle to get through with a child in tow) at Fred Meyer.
I hadn't had this candy in years, so I splurged (I think I earned a couple pieces of Werther's after my Aqua Zumba class!). 
A sweet way to think of my dear Nana (puns are bad, I know hehe), just what I needed. 

Stay tuned for more! 




2 comments:

  1. Haha! I love that you love the apple slicer. They are really genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still so amazed! Can't believe I've never used one before. I love kitchen gadgets hehe

    ReplyDelete