Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It's that "sexy" time of year again...

Well, my blog followers, I'm sorry to say that you are about to read my first rant opinionated piece.
I wanted to make sure, when writing in this blog, that the content was light hearted. Interesting. A window into MY life... but without over sharing. Good goal, no?
I have seen too many blogs (and lately, FB updates. What's up with the Debbie Downers?) that have rants and raves, which honestly I don't mind too much, but a constant supply of negativity is never fun!

With that being said, and you fully warned, here I go!

October marks the beginning of my holiday season: Alaska Day, Halloween, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, MY BIRTHDAY, Christmas and New Years.
I really love all of these holidays, but my favorite of all, besides my birthday *hehe* has got to be Halloween... There's only one thing wrong with Halloween.

SEXY costumes. Uggh

I've never understood the need to dress up down for Halloween. Granted, it is more likely to want a costume that is flattering vs a gorey disgusting one, IMO there is no need to be showing as much skin as if you're in a bathing suit!

A good friend texted me the other day:
"Since when did this holiday give license for otherwise nice girls to be slutty? Save the slut for the bedroom!" HAHA
I share her view on costume choices 100%.

Why do women feel the need to sex up whatever their costume idea is? For example; why is it ok to dress up like a librarian, teacher, nun, kitty, mechanic, vampire or indian... but have the emphasis of the costume be on which body parts are showing, rather than using creativity?
Probably because these women are too worried about being judged for dressing so slutty any other day of the year. Well, news flash! Besides your s/o, creepers and Hugh Heffner (have you seen what his entourage wears on a daily basis?!) no one else wants to see your hoo hah and tits. Even on Halloween.

I was browsing a few costume websites the other day, in search of a costume for a friend. I hadn't looked for costumes online in a few years and was quite appalled at all of the crap that passes for a costume idea (not just on this one website!)

Here are a few of my favorites. Ha.

Sexy shark
Sexy mustard
Annie Annie is a CHILD!? WTF?
Sexy credit card, really? I didn't realize inanimate objects could be sexy
Sexy pineapple. What!? How is that possible? Pineapple is a fruit, and I'm almost positive that anyone who thought one was sexy, would be considered certifiable.

By now hopefully you can agree that people have reached an all new level of ridiculousness in thinking that anything can be made into a sexy costume.
If you want to be a pineapple, be a damn pineapple, minus the sex appeal.

1 comment:

  1. I like it!!! I must know the good friend you quoted. Sounds familiar!

    ReplyDelete