Friday, October 28, 2011

New

Fall is my favorite season. So much to love about Fall!
The beautiful colors - the weather is down right awful where I'm from, but the foliage was gorgeous. For a week. Ha!
The scents - pumpkin, nutmeg and cinnamon yum
Warm clothes - can you say boyfriend cardigans?!
Another reason I love Fall time? I start work again (I'm off every summer). Money is always a good thing to have, no?

Since it is Fall time, that also means lots of birthdays/gifting is right around the corner. There are 13 birthdays from Oct-Dec in my immediate family/friends. Oy!
I am feeling pressure all around me to buy, buy, buy! This year my goal is to shop locally and only gift things that are of true function for the person on the receiving end. I'm sure I will succeed with this, although it might take a little extra planning/shopping time. I'm slowly working through my list and hope to be finished two weeks before Hanukkah & Christmas.

Since I am spending time/money on friends and family, I made the executive decision to buy some goodies for myself too.
Btw, I have this habit (which my therapist told me isn't good :p ) of putting everyone else in my life above my own self. All.The.Time.
I have been trying to work through this for months... unsuccessfully I might add. I'm trying to sneak in bits of "me time/appreciation" wherever I can, but it's so hard when I'm a mildly OCD stricken-people pleaser who expects nothing less than perfect for everyone/everything around me.
I'll consider this little shopping spree progress :)

New dress. I am seriously in love with purple. All shades. Almost every accessory/clothing item/purse/outerwear I've purchased/received in the past year has been purple. I can't get enough of the color. I wore this dress on an impromptu date night last week. Ryan loved it, I felt pretty, it was super cheap. 
Win-Win-Win

These boots I found in clearance on the Target site. I don't shop for shoes locally because I can hardly ever find a size 12. These aren't as cute as in the online photo (and the materials are CHEAP) - but they're black ankle boots, weren't a kajillion dollars and that's what I've been looking for.

Our book/movie/video game collection in the living room outgrew the shelf we had, so I picked out this one at the local furniture warehouse. I should have bought two. I wanted two, but I was trying to be frugal... they completely sold out that day (and come to find out, the manufacturer will not be making more). I'm so upset I didn't buy two. See where shopping responsibly gets you? Grr

When I sent a photo of the new shelf to my Momo (my mom), she asked if there was anything else I had had my eye on. In fact, yes, there was! I have needed a dining room set for a few years. At my old rental, the landlords had a set that we borrowed. After moving to the new condo, my Poppa lent me a card table. A couple of months ago I scored a free table off of Craigslist, but to be honest, I would have rather kept the card table. Ha.
My Momo (being the amazing person that she is) told me to come pick her up and we would go shop for a new dining set... her treat! Wow! Here it is folks...

I love it! My very own dining set! Isn't it funny what will excite you as an adult?
The support of the table is a four-leg storage pedestal (with two shelves). 

The chairs have leather seats. Ooh la la!
Psst Don't get leather furniture with a kitten in the house. Bad idea. Dutch's claws have already left a couple little punctures in the seats. Waah

I am very pleased with my finds and hope to have an update soon about some really neat local gifts for the holidays.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment